There are few things more important than your wedding invitations!
They have their practical uses:
- Communicating the date of your event
- Communicating the details of the event (location, who is hosting, who is invited)
- Information about Accommodations, additional events such as rehearsal or welcome events
They are also a beautiful first impression about the look and feel of your event! The paper, fonts, ribbons, printing process you choose all says something about the kind of even you’ll be having!
We reached out to some of our favourite stationers around the world and asked them to share their wisdom!
Here are the top 5 tips you need to know when thinking about your wedding invitations!
- Book Wedding Invitation orders 6-12+ months in advance to secure your date, begin the design process, ensure paper supplies are available and have a seamless design process.
- Production timing depends on your paper selection and printing methods. For example, digital printing could take up to 4 weeks and foil and letterpress could take up to 7-8 weeks. During peak season, (for us it’s April – August), it’s recommended to add ~1-2 weeks into the production timing.
- It is important to value and understand the time, knowledge and craftsmanship put into each order when hiring a stationery designer. Couples typically invest $4,000 – $10,000 for custom suites.
- Semi-Custom Suites are a great option for couples looking to work with a specific designer on a smaller scale. Paper and colours are customizable to make your suite unique to you!
- Fine art is also about personalization. Have your wreaths, crests or monograms designed custom for you. Venue illustration is also lovely! Depending on the complexity of the design, these custom designs may range between $85 – $200++.
“When it comes to invitation suites, count your households, not your total guest count. Many guests attend as couples or families, so think 50-60% ratio. For instance, a 200 guest list would need about 100-120 invitations.
Also, it’s highly recommended to include a minimum of 10 extra prints for any last minute guests. There’s often someone you wish you could have invited. You may also want to provide a printed copy for your photographer to capture on the day. If you’re investing on a bespoke fine art stationery, chances are you’ll want to set aside a keepsake to forever remember your wedding day.”
Nóbl Events Full Planning and Design package includes full wedding branding – this means helping you create a cohesive look and feel down to your wedding stationery – including your invitations! For more information check out our White Glove services here or get in touch by clicking here.